Mediacom Case Study
Mediacom Communications Corporation is the fifth-largest cable operator in the United States. Mediacom serves approximately 1.4 million customers in smaller markets primarily in the Midwest and Southeast. Mediacom offers a wide array of information, communications and entertainment services to households and businesses, including video, high-speed data, phone, and home security and automation.
Mediacom was not getting results from its online acquisition efforts. The company was working with an agency to acquire customers through performance marketing tactics such as paid search. But even though Mediacom’s advertising budgets were increasing, the company was not getting a suitable increase in leads or orders. And its agency partner was not providing transparency in their approach.
Mediacom asked True Interactive to step in and apply our customer acquisition experience and knowledge of its industry to improve its performance. We:
• Started over with a completely revamped approach to paid search, applying our knowledge of how people shop for cable online.
• Eliminated a needless competitive bidding strategy that was wasting Mediacom’s money.
• Streamlined Mediacom’s pay-per-click strategy, which had been overengineered by its previous agency.
• Implemented True Interactive’s proven paid search methodology within the internet/cable TV space.
• Revamped KPI’s to include online sales, online leads, and implemented call tracking
• Monitored competitive landscape to eliminate partners inflating bid.
• Provided complete transparency, including regular reporting on results achieved.
• Increased traffic by 100%.
• Decreased CPCs by 75%.
• 10X increase in online orders.
• Increased Brand call volume by 250% and Non-Brand call volume by 400%.
• Decreased cost/conversions by 80%.